Thursday, February 2, 2017

7 Ways For Creatives to Rest

Bloggers and Artists need rest from work just like everyone else. Sometimes even more so. We don't work normal hours, we work most days, and we rarely take vacations. Rest is greatly needed.

Below are my favorite ways to take a break from work. I hope this list will help you do the same!


Music

Music has to be my number one way to relax. I'm music minded, the music I listen to can affect my whole outlook on the day. Do a little exploring with new music or listen to your tried and true favorites. If you're looking for something new, try Il Volo. They are my favorite music of all time.

Go Outside

The great out of doors. One of the best places to be! Fresh air, the sounds of nature, and sunshine. Going outside has been shown to improve your mood and reduce stress. Take a walk or try something like hammocking (I've been wanting to try this for awhile!). Go to the beach or your nearest park and enjoy nature.

Laugh

A nice way to relax is by having a good old fashioned guffaw. I've made a ritual out of doing this daily with my family. We watch an awesome YouTube channel called Good Mythical Morning. It's a channel run by two guys named Rhett and Link, and let me tell you, they are hilarious. They've been known to make me cry from laughter. If you feel like laughing until you cry, watch this video, I laughed so hard I got a stomach ache.

Snack Break

Snacks are a great way to recharge during a stressful project. Just make sure you grab something healthy! Go get some fruit, a handful of nuts, a little cheese, the options are endless. If you want something a little more indulgent or 'snack flavored' check out this post on my favorite healthy snacks for artists and bloggers. Time to refuel!

Dance

Sometimes you've just got to let loose. Turn up your jam and get dancing! When I'm feeling frustrated or wired from a project, dancing calms my nerves and gets out the jitters so I can get back to work. Don't know which song to dance to? I really like this song to break out some moves!

Breathe

Deep breathing is a great way to get some rest. It slows your heart beat, lowers stress, and gets you refocused. A technique I learned was this: breathe in for 4 counts, hold for 7, and breathe out for 8. This exercise helps me tremendously.

Nap

What better way to rest than sleep? It's been shown that often a quick cat nap can rejuvenate you in the middle of the day when you need a pick me up. Most of us need an excuse to sleep a little more, so if someone catches you snoozing, just tell them it's for the good of your business (*wink*).


Those are the seven ways I rest from creating. They all help me and I hope you get a boost in your day from these as well!

What are some of your favorite ways to rest from work? Share in the comment section below! And don't forget to subscribe for more lifestyle tips for creatives!

*Bonus question: If you watched the above videos, what did you think about them? I can't wait to hear your opinions!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you identified that us as bloggers seem to be always at it! My favourite way to take a little (extended) break away is to travel, And the good things is that I can take my laptop anywhere with me and carry on blogging when I feel rejuvenated. Thanks for this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Travel is definitely a great way to rejuvenate! Portable work is a plus with being a blogger for sure :)

      Delete